How To Play .flv File With A Browser

rnmcd

Do a google search for "embed flv" and you'll find quite a few sites for info on how to embed flash videos into your site.

Is "embedding" the technique/process that I'm trying to do?

Doesn't 'embedding' typically refer to an image/video that is hosted elsewhere but displaying/playing on another site (e.g., my site?).

Is "embedding" the technique/process that I'm trying to do?

Doesn't 'embedding' typically refer to an image/video that is hosted elsewhere but displaying/playing on another site (e.g., my site?).

Sorry, missed your response. Yes, embedding is what you are trying to do. Embedding is simply playing media within a web page, whether the media is hosted locally or remotely.

You cannot 'embed' flv files as there is no codec for playing it. Also embedding is a bad term since the embed tag is not a valid tag. Whilst people can watch flvs on there computers using players such as VLC or Media Player Classic they can only be viewed on a web page by using Flash to stream the video through.